Random Acts of Kindness – Community
Back with the theme of ‘Random Acts of Kindness’, today’s focus will be on the Community. Here are a few ideas to work with:
- Do you know someone that is most likely going to spend Christmas Day alone? If so, why not invite them over for lunch/ dinner. This thoughtful gesture will go a long way.
- If you are not in the position to invite someone over for dinner, why not sponsor a family’s Christmas dinner. There are a number of organisations and charities that have these schemes in place.
- This festive season, why not make the first move and get to know your neighbours a little better. You could bake some cookies, gingerbread men, or even make some homemade jam and hand them out to them for Christmas. It’s a nice touch and could also be a good icebreaker to getting better acquainted.
- Give back to your community by volunteering your time or resources. If you have a few hours to spare, why not volunteer in a food bank, homeless shelter, animal shelter, or retirement home. They could do with the extra hand and you will get to meet some incredible people and probably learn a thing or two.
- Take care of the environment. You could join schemes like plant back a Christmas tree, especially if you are putting up a real tree this Christmas.
- A lot of people will be spend the festive season in hospital. Why not, take a bunch of flowers and drop them for some patients. This gesture is sure to put a smile on someone’s face, letting them know that your thoughts are with them at a time like this.
Please feel free to check out our previous post on Acts of Kindness to our ‘Family’ by clicking here.
We would love for you to share what random act of kindness you did for your community. Please leave your comments below or tag us on our social media platforms using the hashtag #TSERAK